AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
The patient, a 30-year-old homosexual man, complained of unexplained weight loss, chronic diarrhea, and respiratory congestion during the past 6 months. Physical examination revealed right-sided pneumonitis. The following studies were performed:
Complete blood cell count (CBC), p. 174
Hemoglobin (Hgb), p. 259
12 g/dL (normal: 14-18 g/dL)
Hematocrit (Hct), p. 256
36% (normal: 42%-52%)
Chest X-ray, p. 1014
Right-sided consolidation affecting the posterior lower lung
Bronchoscopy, p. 587
No tumor seen
Lung biopsy, p. 738
Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (PCP)
Stool culture, p. 855
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) serology, p. 297
Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
Lymphocyte immunophenotyping, p. 306
280 (normal: 600-1500 cells/mL)
18% (normal: 60%-75%)
0.58 (normal: >1.0)
Human immune deficiency virus (HIV) viral load, p. 297
1. Diagnostic Analysis: establish a diagnostic analysis of this case supported by a clinical guideline :
-summary of signficiant clinical data
– create a diagnostic rationale of the case including diagnosis and clinical data that support it
Critical Thinking Questions
1. What is the relationship between levels of CD4 lymphocytes and the likelihood of clinical complications from AIDS?
2. Why does the United States Public Health Service recommend monitoring CD4 counts every 3 to 6 months in patients infected with HIV?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25