Apple and Its Suppliers: Corporate Social Responsibility (Outsourcing/Supply Chain Challenges)
In 2009 and again in 2014, Apple was implicated in alleged human right’s violations at Pegatron and Foxconn factories respectively. Although Apple had promised to overcome these issues, the situation had clearly proven to be difficult to overturn. Address the questions below with regard to what path forward Apple should have considered as it responded to these allegations and to the need to make changes to their outsourcing and offshoring programs.
1. Identify the multiple levels of analysis at play for Apple as it addresses the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) challenges in its supply chain.
2. Is Apple responsible for the alleged human rights violations that occurred?
3. Would onshoring, insourcing, or a combination of the two represent a suitable response to Apple’s problems?
4. If Apple continues on the current path, what should it do differently?
5. Is it reasonable for Apple to apply different ethical standards to different countries?
6. Should firms such as Apple maximize their profits, or should they sacrifice some profits to do good?
7. Have these CSR problems at Apple had a meaningful impact on their bottom line?
8. What is the role of media, including social media, in shaping CSR expectations?
9. Does Apple face an industry-specific, or do the same issues appear in other industries?
10. If you were in the position of Jeff Williams, what, if anything, would you do differently?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25