english discussion question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
Jury 2 – H- L, due FRIDAY 5/26 at 5pm
88 unread replies.88 replies.
THE CASE OF THE MEETING OF THE MINDS
Plaintiff Tarth signed a five-year commercial lease in July 2019 with the Defendant, Oakshade Town Center, for space in a shopping center in Davis, CA. A provision of the lease stated: “Lessee does not rely on the fact nor does Lessor represent that any specific Lessee of type or number of Lessees shall, during the term of this lease, occupy any space in the Shopping Center”. Tarth vacated the premises in April 2021 and sued Defendant for rescission and damages.
Plaintiff alleges that he entered into the lease in reliance on false statements made by the defendant and its agent; that Dunkin Donuts, Wendy’s, and Chipotle would be leasing and occupying sites near his and that they would commence operations by the end of 2019. Dunkin Donuts and Wendy’s never leased space. Chipotle became a tenant but not until December 2020.
Defendant admits that his agent discussed other tenants with the Plaintiff. Defendant disputes the misrepresentation, claiming they were not statements of fact, but statements of opinion about possible future conduct and alleges, in any event, the alleged misrepresentation was not material to the Plaintiff because of the provision in the lease (stated above).
Questions to Discuss
What do you think was the single biggest mistake made by Tarth?
Do you believe the Defendant committed misrepresentation (fraud) and why or why not? Be specific by using the facts and the definition of misrepresentation and any defenses for the defendant if needed.
Could Tarth or Defendant have done anything to have avoided the problem, if there was one?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25