Learning Engagement, Week 2:
PROFESSOR'S GUIDANCE FOR THIS WEEK'S LE:
This week we studied two main costing methods: job-order costing and process costing. Companies can use either method depending on what they are manufacturing for sale. You might also have companies that utilize both where they manufacture both custom/unique items and standard products. For example, Nike makes sports/active wear for the average consumer as well as special-order/unique items for specific colleges/professional teams.
It is important to understand the differences of these cost systems as they are geared towards what the company is making. For example, Lays, Inc. uses mainly a process costing system in the making of potato chips. Batches are created for different flavors or types of chips manufactured. While each batch may be different flavors, the process overall is homogenous in contrast to job-order costing. Job-order costing is focused more on unique or one of a kind product. Swimming pool construction is a job-order costing process. Even though the basic process of digging a hole, lining it with rebar, plastering, and finishing is approximately the same, there are unique features to consider. Size, shape, color of plaster, color of decorative tile/stone create that uniqueness which must be tracked for each job.
1. Please make sure that you read the relevant chapter from the textbook
2. Watch the YouTube videos for this week and additional course material provide
3. Ensure that you can communicate your point of view clearly and without ambiguity. Provide one example to strengthen your point of view in the main discussion.
General Discussion Notes: Applicable each week:
NOTE: Total maximum score = 30 points
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25