COURSE: COMS3308B Critical Studies in Advertising and Consumer Culture
Answer the questions while making use of the links provided below.
Printing Transforms Knowledge – https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6d3cl1
The Overspent American – https://thoughtmaybe.com/the-overspent-american-/
Screening: Printing Transforms Knowledge (RESPOND BASED ON THE SCREENING)
1.What are some factors that contributed to a move away from the tight control of the Catholic Church in Europe?
2.How did the Gutenberg Press contribute to the development of a secular, modern age?
3. How did these developments help pave the way for the emergence of a consumer society?
Screening: “The Overspent American” (RESPOND BASED ON THE SCREENING)
4.According to Schor (The Overspent American), why did a “cycle of work and spend”, rather than a leisure society, develop in America?
5. According to Schor, how does social emulation play a role in increasing consumerism? Describe in detail.
6. What is voluntary simplicity and how could it help combat the damaging impact of consumer culture?
Use lecture slides:
7. Refer to the theoretical understandings of consumer motivation. What theoretical framework(s) do you find the most convincing to understand your own consumption, or if you prefer, to understand consumption more broadly? (A combination of the different frameworks is also a possibility).
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25