Critical Thinking Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to assess your evaluation of theories of cognitive and language development.
Review the lesson resources (suggested and required). You may also review resources you find online, in your school, or place of work, or from professional organizations. Select and evaluate those you think are most appropriate for parents and early childhood professionals to use in developing activities that meet the language and cognitive needs of preschoolers and prepare them for kindergarten. The activities can be used in the preschool environment or at home. Create an annotated compendium or collection, as a Word document, of the resources you identified as most appropriate or beneficial to the cognitive and language development of young children. In the compendium, include the following:
Identification and description of three resources that support the language development of preschoolers
Identification and description of three resources that support the cognitive development of preschoolers
A rationale for why you selected each resource
The citation for each resourceAnnotated Compendium Example:
Genishi, C. (1998). Young Children’s Oral Language Development. ERIC Digest. ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education. Retrieved from http://www.readingrockets.org/article/young-childrens-oral-language-development
This article provides an overview of the process and mechanics of language development and oral language components. It also provides a nurturing language development section. In this section guidelines for teachers, parents, and other caregivers are provided that are designed to sustain natural language development. I chose this resource as it provides in simple, family-friendly language the basics for promoting developmentally appropriate language development.
Review the Lesson 6 Critical Thinking Rubric(opens in a new tab) to learn how your instructor will grade this assignment.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25