National Geographic: Inside North Korea Worksheet
Brief history of the tension between North and South Korea: In 1950, North and South Korea went to war and then in 1953 they signed a “ceasefire agreement.” This agreement did not end the war but it was intended to end the physical fighting among those involved. Despite this, tensions are still incredibly high between North and South Korea. This documentary takes a look at the actions and policies of North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-il. Since the movie was filmed (2010), Kim Jong-il has died (2011) and his son Kim Jong-un has taken power. As of 2013, Kim Jong-un is leading North Korea in nuclear weapons development and is threatening the U.S. and South Korea with war.
Directions: Answer the following questions after viewing the documentary. Use complete sentences and give detail to your responses.
What led to the feeling of isolation as the crew arrived in Pyongyang?
What were some of the examples of the control Kim Jong Il has over the knowledge allowed in North Korea?
What is the propaganda village?
Why was the team threatened with expulsion from the country? Why is this offensive?
How are the guards set up on both sides of the DMZ? What does that tell you of either side?
What is the “Stunted Generation”?
Describe the policy of “juche”?
How did the North Korean border guard cross the DMZ?
What were the reactions of the people when the bandages were removed from their eyes?
Give a detailed final reflection on what you viewed. In two to three paragraphs, it should include:
Thoughts about the effectiveness of government policies in North Korea
Connections you can make between what we’ve learned in previous events in history or in the political situations in other countries
How the experiences of people experiencing this lifestyle in North Korea will shape the people they become
The impact of brainwashing on a large group of people and the potential impact on the rest of the world
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25