I agree with the authors when they mention that self-justification was often done to protect jobs and reputation. I also think it is still used to for these reasons and more. Self-justifications to me, are like excuses as to why an individual made a certain decision and behaves a specific way. I can understand how it can be used to protect a job, especially now days. However, if it is an unethical decision, that affects other people or the purpose of the job itself, sometimes people can face worse consequences. In the examples that were shared in the article of Tavris and Aronson (2008) it did not seem the clinicians had repercussions in what they did. Nevertheless, I am certain if this was done today, things will be different.
In addition, Braun and Schmidmaier (2019) shared that cognitive dissonance is an unpleasant sensation created, for example, by a discrepancy between our thoughts and our behavior or by holding two contradictory viewpoints. I can relate cognitive dissonance to lead to self-justification. An individual can know he or she should not steal a woman’s purse at the mall, however, still does it. How do you feel with cognitive dissonance, and have you ever seen yourself in that position?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25