INSR-6010: Loss Adjusting Essential Skills
Group Case Study W23
Complete the following assignment in groups of no more than 4. Note the due date for each portion of the assignment. Submit each portion to the submissions folder of with the same name. Marks are allocated as indicated for each section of the assignment. The total assignment is worth a total of 30% of your final grade. Late submission penalties of 25% per day apply.
You are a staff adjuster for a large Canadian insurance company. You have just been assigned the following file.
Early in the morning of January 15th, Sam was woken by the shrill bleating of his smoke alarm. He quickly gathered together the other members of his family, and their dog Daisy, and escaped the home. Neighbours had already called the fire department and the fire was quickly extinguished.
Luckily the majority of the fire damage was limited to the attached garage and the family room located just off the garage. Both of Sam’s vehicles, a 2021 Dodge Charger and 2019 Chevrolet Silverado pickup were a total loss due to the fire. There was considerable fire damage to the inside of the garage, and to all of the personal property stored therein. There was also smoke, and some water damage throughout the house. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Part C: Evaluation and Negotiation
You have made Sam an offer to settle the total fire loss on his two vehicles. Sam does not feel that the amount offered for his vehicles if fair. You must use your negotiation skills in order to handle the situation.
1. Explain how you would have determined the value of the automobiles.
2. What is your action plan to resolve the issue of value for the automobiles with your claimant?
3. Explain your options with respect to alternative methods of dispute resolution.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25