law question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
Topic: A case regarding employment issues of any kind in schools (from anywhere in the United
States) that has been decided after 2007
In general, it should not take you more than 20 minutes to brief a case after you have read it
carefully. The brief should be no longer than two typed pages and should include the
students name, the assignment, and the date at the top of the first page.
Every brief should contain the following elements:
Identification of Case
1. Name of Case: The title of the decision contains the name of the litigants.
2. Citation (for possible later reference to complete official text): A judicial citation contains
the volume number and page number of the reporter system in which the decision appears
as well as the year in which the decision was issued.
3. Date decided (at the highest court level) and the highest court: The level or type of court
is important because it indicated the federal or state jurisdiction immediately affected by
Analysis of Case
4. Background and Facts: Include previous court rulings here: Facts include the actual
circumstances, events or occurrences involved in the case.
5. Issues (no more than two or three issues per case in one line each: include “yes” or “no”
answers after each): An issue is a disputed point or question of law on which a legal
action is based. Issues are of two types, procedural and substantive.
a. Procedural: Involves specific disputed questions of law and these issue are the
basis of an appeal to a higher court.
b. Substantive: involve broader questions of legal rights and principals, such as
liberty and property interests.
6. Decision of the Highest Court
7. Majority opinion or reasons for the decision (about three to six lines)
8. Any dissenting or concurring opinions (two or three lines each)
9. Comments from you and/or your sources
Please cite all sources at the end of the brief. It is not necessary to create a separate reference page.
Requirements: 300 words | .doc file
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25