1. Make a list of at least five that may include the following:
(See? Some of those statements are pretty controversial and I could use personal evidence to explain each one.)
2. Now select just one of those statements you just made and list at least three reasons it's true. This will serve as your thesis, and it should end your first paragraph. Example:Idea from previous list: One should not go to Walmart without a list, while hungry, or when one does not have money. Evidence: you will forget probably forget the reason you went in the first place, you will pick up junk food you don't need, and you will want to buy things you want and cannot afford.
3. What kind of hook will you use to introduce this radical idea of yours? What led you to believe this truth? Why should anyone listen to you? When did this truth first reveal itself to you?Write a few complete sentences to answer these questions. This is your introduction or hook. This paragraph starts us off; it is paragraph one and ends with the thesis.
4. Now, using that first piece of evidence you wrote down, elaborate on this with a short, illustrative anecdote that proves the point. This will serve as your second paragraph. Example: Idea from previous list: One should not go to Walmart without a list, while hungry, or when one does not have money. Evidence: you will forget probably forget the reason you went in the first place — There have been several times I have been to Walmart without a list, certain I would remember exactly what I wanted, yet on the way to my target item, something would catch my eye. For example, I may be going to get toothpaste and I came in at the food door. That means I have to walk by the clothes, the seasonal items, and the cards. As I am walking by the cards, I remember that I want to send a thank you card to my friend, so I stop and look at the thank you cards — only the July 4 firecracker display caught my eye, so I double back to that. Then I see sticks to make s'mores with, so I pick up a pack of Hershey Bars and some graham crackers. Then I head to the food section to pick up some marshmallows, and I head to the checkout. As I am cranking my car, I remember I went in there for toothpaste!
5. Repeat that process you just did. Elaborate on and explain how your second piece of evidence proves your point. This will serve as your third paragraph.
6. One last time: Elaborate on and explain your third point using a short, illustrative anecdote.
7. So, here we are, last paragraph. Remind me what you said. Why was it important to share this topic? What can the reader learn from possessing this information?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25