Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Sections 22 and 24 from John Rawls’ A Theory of Justice.
Have you ever wondered why Lady Justice is blind? Perhaps it is because to promote and preserve justice, we must be blind to other things. For this final discussion, you will consider what justice is and how to create just laws. Section 22 The Circumstances of Justice Download Section 22 The Circumstances of Justiceconsiders various ideas related to justice. Section 24 The Veil of Ignorance Download Section 24 The Veil of Ignorancepresents a famous thought experiment which asks you to imagine yourself as a lawmaker in a society that you are about to become a member of. To complete this discussion, address the following items:
Circumstances of Justice
Explain what you think justice is. Begin by defining justice and then consider at least one of the following questions:
What are the essential characteristics of justice? Must a law be just for everyone for it to be a just law? What is the connection between justice and fairness? Can equality be just if it benefits everyone?
The Veil of Ignorance
Create a just law. Imagine yourself waiting in line to become a member of a society. To get into the society, you must create a law that you think would be a just in the society. Your task is to create a just law that will govern the society. However, you must create this law not knowing anything beforehand about who you will be in this society. This means that you do not know your race, gender, religion, political beliefs, ethnicity, economic status, and so on.
Explain why you believe your law is just, fair, and moral.
Just Law and Case Studies
Consider one of the case studies you used in the assignments for this course, or the case study you are creating for your final paper.
How might the law you created for this discussion impact the ethical issue or problem addressed in the case study?
The total word count for all your posts should be at least 750 words, excluding references.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25