Discrimination can be a source of heated conflict, potentially ending in legal trouble for a company or its owners. Discriminatory conflicts can arise from personal prejudices on the part of employees or perceptions of mistreatment of employees. You are to review the information below and prepare response to the situation based on each of the Assessment Task instructions.
Brian is employed as a Customer Service Officer at WizCo. He is 66 years old and is unsure as to what age he will retire.
He has worked at WizCo for more than 10 years and participates in mandatory workplace training every 12 months.
Brian’s role is to receive and respond to incoming telephone calls and emails from WizCo customers.
Brian has recently made a complaint to the human resources department and has claimed to have been experiencing age discrimination from his work colleagues. Brian says that for two years he has been subjected to offensive and inappropriate comments regarding his age.
He claims, for example, that he was called an ‘old man’ and ‘expired’ and discovered there is a betting game currently being played about his possible date and age of retirement. Brian also claims that the persistent comments have caused him much distress and isolation within his team.
Wizco has a policy of zero tolerance of discrimination in the workplace. The company requires that all complaints are treated promptly and with respect to the rights and obligations of both the individual and the company.
As Brian’s Manager, Tina Morrison from H.R has requested you to follow up on this complaint and produce a response that:
• Clearly identifies the key issue/s
• Recommends ways to resolve any conflict.
• Promotes the company’s cultural diversity and ethical environment within in your team.
Task 1.1: SUPPORTING EMPLOYEES
You are required to work with ONE other student and create written responses to the following questions.
1. Provide a summary of the key issues in the situation as described above. You will need to outline how these issues relate to and may impact Brian’s work responsibilities.
2. Develop a plan that outlines the steps you will take to promptly manage Brian’s complaint. You should also describe how these steps should comply with WizCo. policies and procedures.
3. Outline how you can ensure that consultation processes would need to provide opportunities for Brian and any other WizCo staff to contribute to the issue in an appropriate manner.
4. Describe how you will provide feedback to Brian and other staff, if appropriate, on the outcomes of the consultation process that may include counselling, training, mediation, re-location or other appropriate actions.
Task 1.2: DEVELOP AN ISSUE MANAGEMENT PLAN AND PROCESS
1. Complete the Issue Management Plan template below in consultation with your fellow student colleague.
2. You decide to have a one on one counselling session with Brian. (do role play with Brian). Provide at least FOUR (4) relevant questions you will ask Brian.
3. Record Brian’s responses to your questions.
Issue Management Plan Template
Title / Name of the
Age Discrimination (Brian)
Brian, Work Colleagues, HR Representative.
Statement of facts:
Options for resolution:
Action Plan for
Task 3: UNDERSTANDING PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP
You are required to consult with your fellow colleagues and create Leadership Guide for fellow managers on how to display professional leadership behaviour through their own conduct in their role as a manager or team leader. Your Leadership Guide should include reference to the following:
1. Ways you gain and maintain the trust and confidence of colleagues and external contacts.
2. Methods that could be used to adjust your own interpersonal communication style to meet WizCo. organisational cultural diversity and ethical environment
3. Planning on how to address difficulties in the workplace.
4. Techniques team members could use in their own personal adjustment process.
5. Techniques delegated to co-workers to assist in resolving their own work difficulties.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25