social science writing question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
TOPIC OF PAPER- DRUG ADDICTION AMONGST TEENAGER
Analysis of relevant news stories or opinion pieces, Instructions & Rubric – Summer 2023
This term, you will need to complete three of these analyses. The primary purpose of this
exercise is for students to identify contemporary social problems through real-world examples
and increase their news and media literacy. Completing all three of these is also part of fulfilling
the Gordon Rule requirement for this course.
For each assignment, you will need to find current (no older than April 1, 2023) news or opinion
pieces that relate to the topics of social problems that we will be discussing this term. Access to
many news sources is free online; however, some sources do have paywalls. Fortunately,
students can access most major news sources through the Palm Beach State Library databases for
free. The databases are available here: library databases. You should have access to any of the
sources you need in the following databases: America’s News, Business Source Complete, New
York Times PASS, and Nexis Uni.
Because these analyses are meant to be topical and related to course material and class
discussion, each piece you choose should relate to the material covered between these
assignments. Meaning for news analysis 1, topics should relate to anything covered in
chapters 1 and 3; for news analysis 2, topics should relate to anything covered in chapters
7, 8, and 11; and for news analysis 3, topics should relate to anything covered in chapters 2
Each analysis should be a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 600 words. You must do
● Briefly summarize the story or opinion
o Name and date of publication
o The topic of the piece
o How you found it (e.g., scrolling social media, reading specific news outlets,
searching library databases)
● Identify the highlighted social problem(s)
o What are the claims?
o How does the piece legitimize this issue?
o Who is making arguments for and against the issue?
● Develop your alternative strategy or solution
o What programs or policies would you suggest?
o Are the non-policy alternatives you might attempt?
Formatting Instructions*(see formatting example on pages 4 & 5)
– For each DEAL exercise paper, you should use the general APA format. For more
information on APA format (7th edition – student), see the Purdue OWL resource guide:
o Key points of these formats are:
▪ Size 12-point fonts (Please use Times New Roman font)
▪ Double spaced
▪ 1” margins
▪ In the student version you do NOT need an author’s note, abstract, or
– Each paper needs to be a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 600 words.
– Papers may not include more than 30 quoted words; I want to hear your words.
– Save and upload your paper as a PDF to Canvas. Because students use various writing
programs (i.e., Word, Google Docs, Pages, etc.), I can easily download and grade
everyone’s work if everyone saves and uploads their work as a PDF.
– When submitted on Canvas, papers are evaluated by turnitin for similarity and
plagiarism; any similarity score above 30% will need to be rewritten or not accepted.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25