Watch the following video and identify and assess three logos appeals used. For example, if you identify an analogy you must ask if it’s a reasonable use of an analogy by looking at the similarities as well as differences. Are any of the appeals used fallacious? Explain.
– In the beginning of the speech, the speaker immediately used logos by stating an example of mass shootings that had recently occurred in the states of Colorado and Connecticut. It is a reasonable use of analogy since the speaker addresses that the problem is relevant and needs immediate attention while also appealing why it is important to assess the problem.
– The speaker then used the cases of Amanda and Brianna to further support his speech about gun control. It is a reasonable use of analogy because aside from it appeals to the logical aspect of his speech by stating an example that had occurred, it also appeals to the audience emotionally by stating the victims’ name and the unfortunate tragedy upon them.
– The speaker also expressed similar situations occurring in other countries where unarmed people are harmed by their own government, strengthening his statements about America’s amendments. It is a reasonable use of analogy as the speaker asserts that this problem is not only occurring in the country, but also others as well. He proposes the solution for gun control in order to prevent such tragedies from falling upon our country.
– Overall, there seems to be some fallacious appeals. It may come across that he is attacking the audience and generalizing their position about the problem. He also argues that violence is something innate within individuals, which is an arguable statement, however, it is not entirely essential to support his speech as it is invalid and assumes that such violence is naturally within the people.
Do you agree with the asnwer?.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25