Week 11 Questions
1. Describe the Stonewall Riots. What sparked them? Which
movement was launched as a result?
2. What was the reaction from many Americans supportive of
Martin Luther King Jr. following his assassination? How did James
Brown respond to a shaken Boston audience during his concert
the day after MLK’s assassination?
3. In Sly and the Family Stone’s “Thank You”, answer each of the
a. Which instrument carries the central groove of the tune?
b. When do we hear the title of the song in the lyrics? What
does this section encourage the audience to do?
c. Describe the group singing in this song. Unison?
d. What instruments do we have besides drums, bass, guitar,
4. Name another funk song from the 1970s (different band than Sly
and the Family Stone) and which characteristics of funk are
contained in the song.
5. What’s the name of the movie that is considered the launch of the
6. The Bee Gees’ “Stayin’ Alive” contains two characteristics that are
considered the core of disco music: falsetto singing and four-onthe-floor beat. Define them.
7. How was the nightlife in cities like New York changed by disco?
8. How did groups like the Rolling Stones, Kiss, and Michael Jackson
exhibit disco influence with their respective songs “Miss You”, “I
Was Made for Lovin’ You”, and “Off the Wall”?
9. What was Disco Demolition night?
10. Did disco truly die? How did it change the music landscape?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25