Week 12 Questions
1. Complete the following listening:
HEROIN (Velvet Underground, 1967)
0:00 – 0:51:
What instruments do you hear?
What is the bass drum supposed to represent? How does it symbolize
0:51 – 1:53:
How does the tempo change?
Describe what the viola is doing up to this point.
How would you describe the sound effects? What instruments are
creating these effects? What is the tempo of this section and how does
it compare to what we’ve already heard?
Lyrics: What is this song about? What is the singer (Lou Reed) saying
about this topic? How does the music symbolically strengthen the
feelings of this subject?
2. What was the CBGB, and describe its appearance.
3. Using The Ramones’ “Sheena is a Punk Rocker” as a
reference, describe the following characteristics of punk
a. Vocal diction
b. Drum playing
c. Number of chords
d. Difficulty of guitar playing
e. Tempo and length of song
4. Why might punk rock have been so popular in the UK in
5. Why did the sex pistols catch on with the younger
6. Why was the cover of “God Save the Queen” so
7. What was the first music video to feature a black artist on
8. How did artists like Madonna make use of the emerging
MTV network to increase their popularity?
9. How was New Wave different than punk?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25