Week 13 Questions
1. Define the following terms:
2. Which genre of music did early hip hop frequently sample
3. Which borough in New York City is credited as the site of
hip hop initially coming together with figures like DJ Kool
4. Who is Afrika Bambaataa and what was the Zulu Nation?
5. What was the name of the record label that Rick Rubin and
Russell Simmons founded together?
6. In the Beastie Boys’ “Brass Monkey”, list elements of rock
and elements of hip hop that you hear (including DJ
7. How did early British heavy metal achieve a heavier sound
in texture? This technique can be heard most obviously
throughout the opening 30 or so seconds of Black
Sabbath’s “Iron Man”.
8. How did Black Sabbath set the standard for the fashion
aesthetic of the heavy metal scene?
9. Another common element of heavy metal is to feature an
extended, virtuosic guitar solo. This occurs frequently on
Ozzy’s “Blizzard of Ozz” album, with guitarist Randy
Rhoads. There’s also another common technique, though
it is more attributed to the L.A. scene than the UK scene.
What is this additional common characteristic, as exhibited
by Brian Jones of AC/DC, Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses, Vince
Neil of Motley Crue, and David Lee Roth of Van Halen?
10. Choose one of the heavy metal songs from the songs(NWA F DA POLICE)
folder list (or another one from the 1980s!). Describe
whether or not it displays each of the three main
characteristics of heavy metal music, and a time stamp in
the song of each of these occurrences.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25