YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQdmYLeF6M
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5v-Shqz0Bg
Reading: “Slavery in Virginia”
Reading: “Slavery in Barbados”
Website: A spiral of history
Reading: Olaudah Equiano, “Interesting Narrative” (1789)
For the complete autobiography, see https://history.hanover.edu/texts/equiano/equiano_contents.html
Reading: From Jean Barbot’s " A description of the coasts of north and south guinea
More Slave Narratives: Interviews of formerly enslaved individuals by members of the Federal Writers Project (WPA) in the 1930s
this is a large collection of slave narratives. Unfortunately, it is a 465-page pdf, and rather unwieldly.
DB 6: Empire and Exploitation: The Atlantic Slave Trade
This week’s DB question is based on both primary source readings (in the Topic Folder) and Alan Taylor’s descriptions of the origins of black slavery in the 17th century Chesapeake colony (Virginia) and in 17th century Barbados.
Taylor’s work isolates two important moments in the history of racism in the Atlantic world, one in Virginia and the other in Barbados. Both are affected by developments in England. Can you say what those moments consisted of? Why are they significant? Do they have any relevance for us now?
The primary sources (Equiano and Barbot) describe the slave trade in Africa. What new knowledge (if any) about African slavery do these sources provide for you? How do primary sources compare to secondary sources as aids to understanding the slave trade?
Everyone must contribute to the discussion a minimum of three times each week: one contribution will be your response to the question I’ve posed (250 words) and the other two will be responses to other students’ posts. See the Discussion Board grading rubric in Course Information for specifics on how your posts will be evaluated.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25